"I’m passionately driven to impact who our children become. People often divide over differences, afraid of others that don't look or act like them. I firmly believe the more diversity around us, our greater potential for growth. It's important we see and experience those differences in our imagination and through real life adventures for true compassion to take hold in our heart."
Fun Facts About Reading
- If children read for an additional 6 minutes every day, their reading performance could increase by 100%.
- 80% of children have increases in specific areas of the brain when they're read to daily.
- Studies done with the help of pediatricians show a connection between reading and brain development, with 80% of kids having increased activity in the areas of the brain that pertain to language learning.
- Kids that read 20 minutes every day or more can learn upward of two million words annually.
- Kids that read for only five minutes every day take in just 282,000 new words every year.
- Children that take part in reading for 20 minutes a day or more have a greater chance of doing better on tests than 90% of their classmates.